The Pitch My Game™ for GamesCom report
Yesterday, May 31, Sweden Game Arena organized Pitch My Game™ for GamesCom, an annual event aimed to promote collaboration among our member studios and also to help newly established team to exhibit at GamesCom.
For a cash prize of 20000 Sek, or 10000 Sek each for 2 runner ups, as well as a chance for your their own expo space at GamesCom, all studios currently in the incubator could pitch their game and team in front of a jury composed of established member studios and organizations.
The grand jury was composed of
- Brjann Sigurgeirsson from Image & Form
- Fernando Bevilaqua from the University of Skövde
- Oscar Jilsen from Coffee Stain Studios
- Paul Yance from Coffee Stain Studios
- Sebastian Bularca from ICYou
- Tau Petersson from Stunlock Studios
- Per Arne Lundberg from Gothia Innovation AB
- Gustav Pantzar-Karlsson from Pieces Interactive
- Niklas Arnell from CAPS LOCK PR
Seven teams took part in Pitch My Game™ for GamesCom: Tarhead, Babloon, Guru Games, Mostly Harmless, Lone Hero, Palindrome and Rocket Hammer. Each team had 5 minutes for an elevator pitch, 5 minutes to explain why they are the best choice to tag along Sweden Game Arena, and 10 minutes of Jury Feedback and Q&A.
“It is a great honour to have been chosen as the vanguard for Sweden Game Arena at GamesCom. We would like to thank the jury for the awesome feedback and support we received. We will make sure to spread the good word about Sweden Game Arena at GamesCom and the diversity of games that are being developed here.” said Karl Blomqvist, Lone Hero’s Creative Director.
All photos courtesy of Sebastian Bularca www.sebastianbularca.com