Speaker Submissions for Sweden Game Conference 2017 are now open!
The search for speakers for the 2017 edition of Sweden Game Conference has started. We want to connect with speakers from around the world who can present inspiring and fascinating topics related to this year’s theme: Experience the Future: Reimagining Games.
Sweden Game Conference is one of the leading conferences in Europe aimed at game development students and start-ups. Our focus is not only to cover business and development, but to include academia and research as well. Last year the theme of the conference was Inclusive Game Development and we had over 800 participants from 19 countries and 5 continents and speakers such as Warren Spector, Kate Edwards and Chris Avellone.
This year we want to look forward and explore the future of our industry with the theme Experience the Future: Reimagining Games.
Experience the Future: Reimagining Games
Sweden Game Conference 2017 will explore how technology and creativity come together to produce original and distinctive experiences. With focus on evolution and forward-change, we will explore how games are advancing technically and aesthetically together.
What fresh experiences in game play and narrative can we create through technical innovation and artistic experimentation?
How will innovation affect and disrupt future generations of players and developers?
What kinds of research and education will we need to support the industry of tomorrow?
Interested in submitting?
Learn more below!
SWEDEN GAME CONFERENCE 2017
Sweden Game Conference invites speakers from around the world to be part of the event. We welcome submissions.
These are the Submission Guidelines for Sweden Game Conference 2017.
- IMPORTANT DATES: The deadline for submissions is 31 May, 2017. Authors of submissions will be notified of the decision before or at 21 June, 2017.
- ORIGINAL AUTHORS: All presentations must be submitted and delivered in-person by individuals and by the original authors of the presentation.
- ADVERTISEMENT: We do not accept presentations that primarily or to a considerable extent provide advertisement for commercial products or services.
- PREPARATIONS: Before considering a submission, please review information about Sweden Game Arena and about Sweden Game Conference, including the conference theme for 2017. SGA main website: http://www.swedengamearena.com. SGC (Conference) information: http://swedengamearena.com/conference. You must prepare and submit an Abstract and a CV (see more information below).
- ABSTRACT: The Abstract (max. 500 words; PDF or MS Word format) must cover the key points of the presentation as well as “Takeaways” for the audience. Note that the content of the presentation as delivered at the conference must be the same as the content provided in the Abstract as submitted, unless otherwise approved by the conference.
- CV: The attached Curriculum Vitae must highlight relevant background and experience (including specific experience related to the topic of the Abstract and public speaking experience). You are encouraged to include links to external information (e.g. websites, portfolio, twitter feed, etc.) that sheds further light on your background and experience.
- PRESENTATION FORMATS: Presentations may be short or long. Short presentations are 20 min long plus Q&A, and long presentations are 40 min plus Q&A. If, instead, you have proposals for a panel, please contact the conference directly.
- SLIDES: All presentations must include slides in Power Point or other format. These do not need to be submitted at this time but should be prepared well in advance. SGC reserves the right to request a copy of the presentation slides as part of its assessment of the submitted talk. Speakers should also be prepared to provide, on request, a copy of such slides one month prior to the beginning of the conference (i.e., on 19 September, 2017).
- EXPENSES: Each invited speaker will be provided with the following (free of charge): Full Conference Pass; accommodation in Skövde during the conference (including breakfast), and; conference meals (lunches and award dinner). In certain cases, other expenses, such as travel, may also be considered and provided, however funds for such expenses are limited.
- HOW TO SUBMIT: All submissions are made through Easy Chair at the following link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sgc17. Note: An Easy Chair account (free of charge) is required.
- QUESTIONS? If you have questions that are not addressed in these instructions, please contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBMISSION EVALUATION CRITERIA
The submitted presentations will be evaluated on the basis of the following two overarching criteria:
- RELEVANCE: How well does the presentation fit with the contents and approach of Sweden Game Conference, including its theme for 2017? How pertinent and interesting do we expect the talk to be to those attending the conference?
- QUALITY & CREATIVITY: What depth and/or breadth does the presentation provide? To what extent does it shed new light or insights on the topics? Based on the speaker’s credentials and experience, how well equipped is she/he to deliver an interesting and informative talk?
Note: In its final decision, the conference will also consider the overall diversity of contents and of speakers.