A summary of SGC17 – Pictures & Highlights!
During October 18-20, students and game developers from all over the world gathered at Arena Skövde to experience and participate in Sweden Game Conference 2017. Here is a summary with some numbers and highlights!
One week has passed since Sweden Game Conference 2017 came to an end and this year’s conference has exceded our expectations in many ways. Changes were made to the venue this year, adding 2 lecture halls and moving and extending the expo area, and the schedule offered a wide variety of talks, panels and events for visitors to take part in.
Sweden Game Arena would like to thank everyone involved, attendees, speakers, partners and organizers alike, for making this year’s edition of Sweden Game Conference the amazing success it was!
Next year’s conference will be October 17-19 2018. Don’t forget to save the dates!
See you at Sweden Game Conference 2018!
Sweden Game Conference 2017 in numbers:
- 900+ registered participants – You had the chance to listen to, meet and network with people from 22 countries and 4 continents.
- 35+ talks & panels – All on our main theme of Experience the future: Reimagining Games.
- 30+ companies displaying games in the expo – Including names such as Star Stable and Coffee Stain Studios as well as a variety of indies in the Indie-Cator and start-ups from The Game Incubator.
- 5 awards – Glue of the Year, Firestarter of the Year, Rookie of the Year, SAGA and the winner of the fifth qualifier of Nordic Game Discovery Contest were announced. Read more here!
- 3 music sessions – 2 performances during the conference and 1 during the Award Dinner, by video game music symphonic rock band Critical Hit.
- 2 parties – 1 Award Dinner hosted by the amazing Ste Curran, and the SGC17 Official Party, sponsored by Landfall Games.
Special thanks to our partners:
Goodbye Kansas – Main Partner
The Game Incubator
Nordic Game Discovery Contest
Check out the links below for more SGC17 pictures!
Photos: Sebastian Bularca