A summary of SGC18
During October 17-19 over 1000 students and game developers from 32 countries gathered in Skövde, Sweden, to experience and participate in Sweden Game Conference 2018.
Here is a summary with some numbers and highlights!
It has been a week since Sweden Game Conference 2018 came to an end and this year has been the best one yet!
The main theme, Games & Politics, made students, developers and games industry professionals from all over the world gather to learn, network and showcase, and there were a lot of new events and overall tweaks and changes to the conference set up this year.
Wacom participated with expo presence and held a very popular drawing competition where the winner, Caroline Petri, won an Intous Pro Medium. THQ Nordic handed out the first SGC IndieCator Award to Semaeopus and their game Off Grid, amongst 20 competing IndieCator teams from 13 countries.
Nordic Game Discovery Contest were back hosting the sixth qualifier for their third season and The Big Indie Pitch held their first ever competition in Sweden.
On top of that we also broke both our exhibitor and attendee records – Again!
Sweden Game Arena would like to thank everyone involved, attendees, speakers, partners, volunteers and organizers alike, for making this year’s edition of Sweden Game Conference better then ever!
Next year’s conference will be on October 16-18 2019. Don’t forget to save the dates!
See you at Sweden Game Conference 2019 – Our 10 year Anniversary!
Sweden Game Conference 2018 in numbers:
- 1000+ participants – You had the chance to listen to, meet and network with people from 32 countries and 5 continents.
- 52 companies showcasing in the expo – Including names such as Wacom and Quixel, start-ups from The Game Incubator and 20 IndieCator companies from 13 countries.
- 38 talks & panels – Presented by our 40+ speakers and panelists.
- 7 awards – Glue of the Year, Firestarter of the Year, Rookie of the Year, SAGA, IndieCator Award and the winners of Nordic Game Discovery Contest and The Big Indie Pitch.
- 4 workshops – 2 music composing workshops, 1 HEVGA roundtable and 1 on the topic of self-publishing.
- 4 parties –The Award Dinner with 360+ guests, Beer & Bowling with Coffee Stain, The Epic Kansas After Party and the SGC18 Official Party, sponsored by Stunlock Studios.
- 3 competitions – The Wacom Drawing Challenge, The Big Indie Pitch & Nordic Game Discovery Contest
- 2 fikas – Organised by HEVGA
Special thanks to our partners:
Unreal Engine – Main Partner
The Game Incubator
Coffee Stain Studios
MTR Express – Travel Partner
Photos: Sebastian Bularca