Sweden Game Arena is hiring a multi-talented COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT
Got an eye for the little things? As well as the big ones? Sweden Game Arena is hiring a multi-talented COMMUNICATIONS EXPERT!
Sweden Game Arena, the Swedish game intelligence center located in Skövde consisting of 500+ university game development students, lecturers, game researchers, 100 + startups, alumni companies, investors and a community with 1000+ members has allowed us to devote ourselves solely to one business: game development, with a mission to improve and innovate the game industry globally. Our ambition by 2021 is to present 6 new research papers, graduate another 300+ game development students and help bring forth new successful game studios like Coffee Stain Studios and Landfall Games.
Sweden Game Arena has always supported diversity and sustainability, and from fall 2019 we are rebranding ourselves to make this a part of our core. The DNA of Sweden Game Arena is Innovation and stems from the friendly, rural and entrepreneurial spirit of Skövde and Skaraborg in the northern heartland of Västra Götaland. Our Game Intelligence Centre in Skövde is one of the few locations in the world that offers a complete game industry ecosystem from students, to startups, all the way to a healthy development community, industry relevant and serious games research, as well as alumni studio reinvestments. We are a hub to fuel and break new ground for the game industry.
In our quest to improve the game industry and expand our community with the next 1000+ people we are looking for talented individuals who are eager to join us on our mission.
We have an opening for a multi-talented Communications Expert in the lean team that runs Sweden Game Arena. In this role, you will build and implement a 360° external and internal communication strategy for Sweden Game Arena.
• Contribute to building and implementing a 360° external communication strategy in line with the business strategy.
• Work closely with the Community Coordinator to ensure community events are communicated loud and clear and in line with brand image.
• Participate in the development and communication of a full calendar of media relation activities.
• Work actively (daily) in the community to build relations and discover exciting content to be turned into online articles, editorials, videos, or similar forms of reporting.
• Summarize and translate academic research projects to suit and appeal to a wider audience
• Manage media relations, including new media: Develop strong individual relations with key journalists and provide first level response to media inquiries and develop strong individual relations with key influencers.
• Prepare and execute press releases.
• Organize and execute press events.
• Support and advise the Project team on communication related matters.
– Generate breakthrough content to engage stakeholders, clients and audience.
– Help develop and manage the brand image & awareness.
– Imagines and develops targeted & disruptive content for: social media, web, print, photos and video.
– Produce high quality material (editorials, reports, photos, videos…)
– Develop integrated campaigns that supports Sweden Game Arena visibility & advocacy.
– Maps & plans media, social media and stakeholders’ landscape.
– Reinforces internal / external engagement through a strong internal communication strategy.
You should have 2-5 years of professional experience with a public relations/digital agency or corporate communications department at a company or the equal experience. Ability to switch from news to PR and capable of adapting to the dynamic nature of the games industry. Understanding the games industry is not a requirement as our team already cover that ground well, we would rather see you having the ability to adapt and grasp any industry.
Domestic and international travels will be part of the job.
– Excellent command over the English language. Being able to communicate in Swedish is a huge plus!
– Expertise in crafting specific & strategic messaging
– Understanding of the media landscape
– Works quickly and efficiently
– An eye for scoops
– Ability to manage agency relationships
– Understanding of digital communications
– Social media expert
– Highly social
External: Media, communication, digital & design agencies
Employment type: Permanent position, full time
Work location: Science Park Skövde
Application time: Until 31st of October
Interviews are ongoing, and the position might be filled earlier. We accept applications in both Swedish and English.
Send your resume and application to: email@example.com
Please visit www.swedengamearena.se and www.scienceparkskovde.se
For personal contact:
Magnus Ling, Project Manager, Skövde +46 709 644 654,
Tau Petersson, Community Coordinator, Skövde, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenneth Johansson, VP Business Development & Startup +46 722 068 709
Strategic Partners and Financiers:
Science Park Skövde, University of Skövde, Skövde Municipality, Region Västra Götaland