About the role:
Thunderful is looking for a Gameplay Programmer to join the team working on SteamWorld Headhunter, an upcoming 3D multiplayer co-op game set in the beloved SteamWorld universe.
You'll work with a mid-size team of great programmers to implement gameplay components, solve blockers and find solutions to emerging problems to make Headhunter the best game it could possible be.
This position is based in either our Skövde or Gothenburg office.
- Implementing and owning gameplay components concerning the character, camera and controls. You will be a vital part of iterating on the feel of the game and contributing with designs to those areas.
- Work with animators and designers to implement a shared vision for the second to second loop in regards to the characters.
- Review and share your work with other coders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Strong experience in Unity, at least one shipped Unity title.
- Passion and knowledge for creating great character controls, providing immersive feedback to the player and smooth movement for the characters
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills (English)
- Communicative and vocal, as this role also demands working together with designers, other programmers and the directors.
- Any experience with online multiplayer games
- 3rd person shooter experience
- Experience working in, small, indie cross disciplinary teams
- A thirst for leaning new skills and evolving is a bonus, as you will be working with external experts and consultants in order to learn and build a skill set for future productions.
- Collective Agreement - Tekniktjänsteavtalet (+ union club)
- Pension plan (tjänstepension)
- Paid overtime
- Flexible work hours
- Yearly wellness grant (friskvårdsbidrag)
- Occupational Health Care
- Weekly Wellness activity hours - Two hours per week!
Come work with us at our Skövde or Gothenburg office!
Thunderful Development is a studio that is part of Thunderful games, and was formed by several indie companies coming together to make something more significant than they could have done independently.
Today, we're roughly 140 people in team sizes of 15-35 people making amazing games in four locations; Gothenburg, Skövde, Malmö & Karlshamn. The teams within have developed the award-winning SteamWorld series, known for its frequent genre-hopping and inclusive design, and more recent AA games like The Gunk, Lost in Random, and other un-announced but equally charming titles.
Got questions about the position or Thunderful in general? Please contact:
Talent Acquisition Manager - Thunderful Games
Phone: +(46) 076-027 82 10
You can also send your inquiries to our Union club: