Why join Itatake?
We are an award-winning Swedish game studio based in Gothenburg that builds a broad portfolio of truly innovative casual and mid-core games with focus on mobile devices. Unique gameplay mechanics, visuals, mood and high production value are core values for us. In other words, we make games you have not played before!
Our team is small, which means everyone contributes with ideas to the project and has a shared responsibility for the evolution of our games as well as building a sweet company culture. We have large ambitions and a lot of faith in each other and what we do. We value playfulness and curiosity as much as courage and candour. We’re in this together and value the input of one another highly. No discipline is more important than the other and we keep a flat organization where we communicate a lot to make sure we’re all going in the same direction, feeling good and having fun while making amazing games!
Senior Game Developer
We’re looking for a driven programmer with a passion for games and have serious skills in Unity. You have experience in game development. Working in a small team means close collaboration with other disciplines and you will have many different tasks throughout projects. We encourage you to contribute creatively to parts of the game outside your discipline – be it to participate in brainstorming meetings or give feedback on existing features.
Working at Itatake means responsibility, freedom, and kindness, it’s very important that you should fit in such a role. We value an inclusive and creative environment where everyone is free to express themselves and have ideas, free of judgement.
You are a Developer that
- Has 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Has professional experience of creating games.
- Experienced in taking the lead in game programming, system architecture and technical vision.
- Has 2+ years of experience working with Unity.
- Is passionate about creating both console and mobile games.
- Pays attention to details, is curious and takes pride in their work.
- Is excited to engage and discuss with all disciplines of the team throughout the whole production.
- Has the ability to identify the risks, dependencies, and priorities in a project.
- Is an excellent team player focused on the overall team goal.
What you will be doing
- Develop new games in Unity where you’re responsible for the technical architecture, specification, timings and execution.
- You are the go-to person for technical advice in any process and takes an active role in educating co-workers.
- You develop games on a day-to-day basis by building products, tools, and prototypes as well as working with the artists and play designers on technical solutions.
- You are responsible for the functionality and performance of the game.