About Coffee Stain Malmö
As the latest Coffee Stain office, founded this year, we are looking to build our new studio WITH our new hires, not just for them. That’s why we are on the lookout for the best and brightest in UE4 games development and production. We offer the chance to build our Malmö studio from the foundations, with the backing of one of the hottest indie games studios and publishers in the world.
We are a small, but rapidly growing, team of developers and publishers who care deeply for every game we make, not just the one closest to release or the one that’s the most successful right now. As part of the wider Coffee Stain family, we share their values, and helping each other out is important to us. We believe that people are at their best when they’re supported and trusted.
Senior Programmer (Midnight Ghost Hunt) Role Description
You will be instrumental in seeing Midnight Ghost Hunt through Early Access on Steam and beyond!
Working closely with the producers, developers from other teams as well as stakeholders, you will oversee the entirety of the technical aspects of the product in close collaboration with the lead developer. This includes optimizations, concessions, as well as platform specific integrations.
Since this is a newly formed team, your colleagues will turn to you for guidance regarding technical opinions, mentorship, and you will be able to shape how the team works to achieve the best results.
These are things you’ll do on the job
- Oversee the majority of technical aspects of Midnight Ghost Hunt, including implementation, debugging and optimization of network, backend, blueprints and third party integrations.
- Implement gameplay and physics systems written in C++ and blueprint, in the already established codebase.
- Participate in mentoring of less experienced team members.
These are things your CV already contains
- 5+ years experience as a game programmer/engineer.
- Experience developing and releasing multiplayer games for PC and/or consoles.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Advanced C++ knowledge.
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Bonus if you also have
- Experience working with automated testing, analytics, and quality assurance.
- Experience from working on First/Third Person Shooters.
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We frequently engage with each other around the games we're working on and playtests are a natural part of our day-to-day regardless of the role we have. We’re firmly against micromanaging, we trust our colleagues with the expertise and work ethic they bring to the table.
We can be flexible to accommodate your individual needs to make sure you have the right prerequisites to do your job and we allow for a healthy balance of working from home and working from the office, even outside of the consequences of the pandemic. We do however like to see each other in the office in person a number of times in any given week if we can.
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We try to follow the Collective Agreement as close as we can, which means payments to your pension fund and insurances. We also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant, you get some paid time off to work out.
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week, in Malmö or Stockholm.
Right now, most of us work from home, but it’s possible to work from the office as well. Some of us are there a few days a week and it’s up to you what you’re comfortable with.
Apart from us, the Coffee Stain group consists of COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS in Skövde (Sanctum, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory), COFFEE STAIN PUBLISHING (Stockholm) EASY TRIGGER (Huntdown) and COFFEE STAIN NORTH that’s currently working on a super-secret project.
We look forward to hearing from you!