About Coffee Stain Malmö
As the latest Coffee Stain office, founded this year, we are looking to build our new studio WITH our new hires, not just for them. That’s why we are on the lookout for the best and brightest in mobile games development and production. We offer the chance to build our Malmö studio from the foundations, with the backing of one of the hottest indie games studios and publishers in the world.
We are a small, but rapidly growing, team of developers and publishers who care deeply for every game we make, not just the one closest to release or the one that’s the most successful right now. As part of the wider Coffee Stain family, we share their values, and helping each other out is important to us. We believe that people are at their best when they’re supported and trusted.
Programmer Role Description
You will develop new, and transform established, games for mobile platforms - all while making technical decisions to realize the best product possible.
Working closely with the producers, developers from other teams, as well as stakeholders, you will oversee the entirety of the technical aspects of the product. This includes optimizations, concessions, as well as platform specific integrations.
Since this is a newly formed team, your colleagues will turn to you for guidance regarding technical opinions, mentorship, and you will be able to shape how the team works to achieve the best results.
These are things you’ll do on the job
- Oversee the technical aspects of developing games to be published on mobile platforms, all while ensuring the vision of the product.
- Implement and support game systems written in C++, mainly in Unreal Engine 4.
- Make sure that the games are well optimized and run smoothly on a variety of mobile devices.
- Adapt features and mechanics for mobile platforms, including already established codebases.
- Work with different release platforms, making sure the product complies with platform specific certification.
- Develop pipelines to build games for the different platforms, including deployment, testing, publishing, etc.
- Participate in mentoring of less experienced team members
These are things your CV already contains
- 4+ years experience as a Game Programmer
- Advanced C++ knowledge
- Experience developing games for mobile platforms
- A solid understanding of game optimization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus if you also have
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Experience working with continuous integration and automated testing.
- Knowledge of native Java and Objective-C for use on mobile platforms.
- Experience developing multiplayer games
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We frequently engage with each other around the games we're working on and playtests are a natural part of our day-to-day regardless of the role we have. We’re firmly against micromanaging, we trust our colleagues with the expertise and work ethic they bring to the table.
We can be flexible to accommodate your individual needs to make sure you have the right prerequisites to do your job and we allow for a healthy balance of working from home and working from the office, even outside of the consequences of the pandemic. We do however like to see each other in the office in person a number of times in any given week if we can.
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We try to follow the Collective Agreement as close as we can, which means payments to your pension fund and insurances. We also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant, you get some paid time off to work out.
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week, in Malmö.
Right now, most of us work from home, but it’s possible to work from the office as well. Some of us are there a few days a week and it’s up to you what you’re comfortable with.
Apart from us, the Coffee Stain group consists of COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS in Skövde (Sanctum, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory), COFFEE STAIN PUBLISHING (Stockholm) EASY TRIGGER (Huntdown) and COFFEE STAIN NORTH (working on Goat Simulator 3)
We look forward to hearing from you!